Tropic Marin Bio-Strontium
Biologically Ideal Strontium Supplement for Reef Aquariums.
A sufficient supply of strontium and carbon dioxide is as essential for the growth and well-being of reef-building corals as calcium. Both elements are supplied to the corals with the help of the zooxanthellae (algae) that live symbiotically within them. Bio-Strontium creates a natural environment in the aquarium and delivers strontium and carbon dioxide in a natural, biologically-available ionically balanced form.
1 level measuring spoon increases the strontium level of 10 US Gal. / 8 Imp.Gal. / 37 l by about 2 ppm (2 mg/l). The natural concentration of seawater is 8 ppm (8 mg/l). In a reef aquarium the concentration of strontium decreases quickly through biological processes, precipitation and by the use in calcareous animals. A basic dosage of 1 level measuring spoon per 50 US Gal. / 42 Imp.Gal. / 190 l every two weeks is recommended. In an aquarium with a high population, the dosage can be as much as 1 level measuring spoon per 50 US Gal. / 42 Imp.Gal. / 190 l each week. High strontium concentrations in the aquarium may damage corals. Always be sure to monitor the strontium concentration with a Strontium Test.
- Contains strontium carbonate for corals and carbon dioxide for zooxanthellae.
- Measured amount of strontium in a truly ionically balanced formula.
- Contains all 70 trace elements found in natural sea water
- Only natural substances are formed when dissolved: no chelates, no phosphates, no nitrates.
- Fishmate New 2000 and 3000 Pond Pumps In Stock
- Blagdon Affinity Mocha Ponds Launched
- NEW Lotus Pond Pumps and Filters
- Free Delivery Introduced.
- Nishikoi Pond Food Prices Slashed for Summer.
- New TMC V2 ILuminair marine lights
- Eheim Dealership