Tropic Marin Bio-Magnesium
Biologically ideal Magnesium Supplement for Reef Aquariums.
A sufficient supply of magnesium is as essential for the growth and well being of reef building coralline algae as calcium. It is one of the major constituents of seawater and is directly involved in algae photosynthesis, i.e. the conversion of carbon dioxide (CO2) and light into organic compounds. The addition of plain magnesium salt, however, is not sufficient and interferes with the ionic balance of the tank water. Tropic Marin Bio-Magnesium creates a natural environment in the aquarium and delivers Magnesium in a natural biologically available ionically balanced form.
How to use Bio-Magnesium:
One level measuring spoon increases the magnesium level of 30 gallons (US)/ 25 gallons (Imp.)/110 l of tank water by about 5 ppm. The natural concentration of Magnesium is 1280-1300 ppm. In a reef aquarium the concentration of magnesium decreases quickly through biological process, precipitation and through use by calcareous animals. The recommended maximum dose is 4 measuring spoons per 30 gallons (US)/ 25 gallons (Imp.)/110 l of aquarium water per day!
Check the aquarium waters specific gravity on a regular basis as this may gradually increase over time with the addition of Tropic Marin© Bio-Magnesium. This is easily counteracted with regular water changes. An excessively high magnesium concentration may have a negative effect on certain organisms. For this reason it is not recommended to exceed magnesium concentrations over 1600 ppm.
Proper magnesium and calcium concentrations are important to a healthy reef environment. Monitor these concentrations in your reef aquarium with the Tropic Marin Magnesium-Calcium-Combitest and correct deficiencies with Tropic Marin Bio-Calcium and Tropic Marin Bio-Magnesium.
- Contains a combination of magnesium and minerals to promote essential biochemical processes in the aquarium
- Magnesium for accelerated skeleton growth of corals and calcareous coralline algae.
- Maintains the natural ionic concentration and the pH value of the reef tank water!
- No unnatural by-products. No phosphates or nitrates.
- Measured amount of Magnesium in a truly ionically balanced formula.
- Eheim Special Aquarium Fish Foods Added .
- All Biorb Aquariums now in stock.
- Free Delivery on all Supplies
- Interpet Aquarium Filters Added
- Fishmate New 2000 and 3000 Pond Pumps In Stock
- Blagdon Affinity Mocha Ponds Launched
- NEW Lotus Pond Pumps and Filters
- Free Delivery Introduced.
- Nishikoi Pond Food Prices Slashed for Summer.
- New TMC V2 ILuminair marine lights
- Eheim Dealership